A two-part, low solvent, epoxy concrete primer that has a unique formulation that gives it the ability to mix with fresh wet concrete while still being resistant to diffusion of water through the uncured coating. This attribute enables Conseal Greencrete to seal moisture into green concrete so that it is able to react with the cement causing it to fully cure, even outdoors, in hot, dry conditions.
When Conseal Greencrete and the cement in the concrete substrate cure, they chemically react together ensuring that the Conseal Greencrete is permanently bonded to the concrete. The cured surface is far harder and more durable than concrete treated with conventional coatings in the usual way. When applied to new concrete immediately after laying Conseal Greencrete also eliminates all floor preparation work and enables rapid job completion.
Conseal Greencrete can be applied to screeded or power floated concrete as soon as it can be walked on, but it must be applied within 8 hours of casting to ensure that Conseal Greencrete and the cement react together. If the concrete is allowed to cure for a longer period before coating a surface laitance may develop which can prevent adhesion of the primer.
Typical Uses: As a concrete primer for any application, to ensure best adhesion and surface preparation for any subsequent coatings.
Type: Low solvent epoxy coating
Mix Ratio: See label on tin
Hardener: Xyanco 1055
Resin Density: 1.36kg/litre
Coverage: 6-8 m2/litre, depending on surface texture and porosity
Minimum over-coating time: 5 hours
Maximum over-coating time: 2 days
Solvent: Xysol EP (max 5% by weight) if required. Xysol safe for cleaning
Pack Sizes: 1, 3, 6, 12 and 18 kilos
Shelf life and Storage: 2 -18 months in original, unopened container. Store in cool and dry conditions
- Can be applied to fresh wet concrete within a few hours of pouring
- Eliminates all surface preparation of new concrete
- Promotes full cure of the concrete in hot conditions by eliminating water loss
- Prevents dusting of the concrete surface caused by drying out
- Easy to use and fast to apply
- Quick cure allows fast over-coating and finishing of floors
- Allows moisture sensitive polyurethane coatings to be applied within 24 hours of pouring
- Excellent adhesion to fresh uncured concrete
- Provides superior adhesion for finishing systems.