Carbonamine Rapid Prime
Carbonamine Rapid Prime is an unpigmented, low solvent, two part polyurethane/ urea concrete primer that in most conditions is ready to re-coat in 40 minutes, thanks to the use of Advanced Cure Technology.
Carbonamine Rapid Prime has a long pot life but when applied is quickly cured by the action of atmospheric moisture. Xymertol Rapid Prime will quickly develop a bond to concrete that is stronger than the concrete itself.
Carbonamine Rapid Prime can be used for priming and sealing porosity in concrete, masonry and other non metallic substrates before coating with polyurea spray, polyurethane or epoxy coatings, mortars or screeds.
For a primer needed for cold storage facilities please see Carbonamine Rapid Cold Cure Prime.
Type: Two part moisture activated polyurea coating
Mix Ratio: See label on tin
Hardener: Xyanco 243
Resin Density: 1.06kg/litre
Coverage: 7-10 m2/litre, depending on surface texture and porosity
Minimum over-coating time: 40 minutes
Maximum over-coating time: 48 hours
Solvent: Thin with Xysol PU if necessary and for spraying
Pack Sizes: 1, 2.5, 5 and 10 litres
Shelf life and Storage: 6-12 months in original, unopened container. Store in cool and dry conditions
- Rapid: Can usually be over-coated in 40 minutes
- Amazing Adhesion: Quickly develops an exceptional bond to dry and slightly damp substrates
- Easy: Is easy to mix and apply
- Less Stress: Long pot life after mixing gives ample time for application
- Compatible: Can be over-coated with most other coatings including epoxy, polyurea, polyurethane, polyaspartic etc.
- Adaptable: Can be applied to ground or blasted concrete or old surfaces that are free from oil and other contamination